Honorable Secretary-General Guterres:
I am the president of the Global Symbiosis Research Institute. I am writing this letter to you for hope that the 2020 “UN Global Symbiosism Online Forum” be included in the 75th anniversary of the United Nations as one of the global dialogue activities, and submit the report of the forum results directly to the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) on September 21, 2020.
Facing the 21st century great challenges of the global pandemic of the New Corona Epidemic, Mr. Secretary-General pointed out: “The virus pandemic reminds us in a real way that the human family is interdependent in nature”, and you appealed “to everyone in every places to take action”, especially, the protection and promotion of human rights must be placed at the center, while promoting gender equality, allowing youth, empowering them, and deepening the reform of the United Nations. Therefore, we disagree that the “the market conditions under the new corona pandemic is the last straw that crushes globalization”. We believe that the symbolic difference between new corona BC and new corona AC in the way of human thinking is to overcome the “globalization of industrial and commercial civilization” of the past pure economic thinking, because that the ecological imbalance formed by the asymmetry of interpersonal, social, international, intercontinental, and intergenerational resources, and the asymmetry of power and responsibility will inevitably lead to a rebound of official or populist nationalism; entering the “globalization of ecological civilization” led by the concept of “global Symbiosism” and value standards-the global pandemic of the new corona epidemic is not to change, but to help humans to fully understand and improve “globalization” from a new starting point.
Therefore, the plan of the 2020’UN75 Global Symbiosism Online Forum (hereinafter referred to as UN75 OGSF) is reported as follows. I sincerely hope for your support and advice. Our 2020’UN75 OGSF plan is as follows:
Purpose: 2020’UN75 OGSF is designed to set up a platform for philosophical dialogue for the international community to face contemporary “super-sovereign, super-geographic, and super-civilized” global issues, and proposed to initiate the drafting of “Global Symbiosism Convention” (Global Symbiosism Convention).
Mission: Take the earth as the basis and use the earth in symbiosism way.
Significance: On the occasion of commemorating the 75th anniversary of the founding of the United Nations, in the context of the global pandemic of the new corona epidemic, facing the “global problems” of super-sovereignty, super-geo-geography, and super-civilization, past wisdom and experience are obviously not enough to deal with. “Global problems” cannot be solved at the level of the problem being produced itself, and the problem of construction of ecological civilization cannot be solved by using the way of thinking of causing industrial and commercial civilization problems. This is not just the choice of “road”, but the structure of “mind”, that is, the issue of spiritual rebirth, so humans need to use philosophical thinking to dispel the “haze” that shields over the world.
The problem is that the current “world order” is based on the concept of sovereign state in the Westphalian Peace Treaty (1648), so the largest existing international organization mechanism including the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, and the WTO, is not suitable enough to deal with the “global problems” of super-sovereignty, super-geosphere, and super-civilization. “Global issues” here refer to: wilderness issues, desert issues, climate issues (global warming), refugee issues, food security, peacekeeping issues, nuclear weapons proliferation, biological and chemical weapons, trade frictions, especially the new corona epidemic global pandemic and the resulting economic recession, the macroeconomic policies (including international trade, the international financial system, and the sustainability of foreign debt), financing for development, sustainable development, human settlements, poverty eradication, globalization and interdependence, development of business activities, information and communication technology, promotion and development of land, sea and air carrier vehicles, biological artificial intelligence, and the “six major conflicts”-sovereignty conflicts, social stratum conflicts, urban-rural conflicts, and ideological conflicts, conflict of civilization and culture, conflict between man and nature, etc.
Scale: 2020’UN75 OGSF starts from the end of May to mid-September, held once a month, a total of 5 sessions, 500 people each, gathered scholars, politicians, business leaders, international celebrities, NGOs, post-80, 90, 00 young people participate in the discussion. The forms of participation are papers, videos, and online real-time speeches. The last session will be the 2020 Summary to be held offline.
Discussion of two major topics and five topics on the 2020’UN75 OGSF:
Two major issues: One is our true position in the world? The second is what kind of world do we want to live in?
First, what concepts and knowledge do humans need to re-think and “delete”?
- “People-oriented” + “heaven-human Unity” subject privilege consciousness (Is microbes the superpower of the life world?)
- Axial civilization consciousness of “science and technology omnipotence” + “humanism first” (Is the civilization created by mankind so far garbage?)
- The commonwealth, discontinued, and exclusive consciousness that “non-my family, its heart must be different” (Do all communities have the essence of internal and external struggle?)
Second, what kind of way of thinking does human urgently need to “own”?
- The “source of life, Symbiosism” view of the earth (change the thinking of struggle, limit the footprint of human civilization, and avoid the war between humans and microorganisms and between humans themselves)
- The value standard of “one view on three (culture, civilization and ecology)” symbiotic” coexistence (“live and let live”)
- The life philosophy of “keeping the same while respecting the differences, competing while cooperating with each other” (the wisdom of “though having different views, also cooperating each other”, “incentive competition, distribute cooperation”)
Third, what kind of lifestyle is urgently needed by human beings?
- The political life mechanism for serving the public with family first, then social priority.
- The economic life mechanism in which the trinity of community, government and market symbiotic grows together
- The public life mechanism in which the social governance system, country governance system, and global governance system are orderly and compatible, efficient and legitimate (including global epidemic disaster prevention and control information exchange and risk rating mechanism)
Fourth, what is the high probability of human reselecting and rebalancing lifestyle?
- The three chain trends of industry chain, supply chain and value chain are gradually distributed (blockchain) to promote a global symbiotic trade system with zero tariffs, zero barriers and zero discrimination (Let production return to life, let life present ecology, and let various communities merge into a global Symbiosism)
- A symbiotic society with fully open communications, fully self-sufficient resources, and full logistics coverage with zero marginal costs (no need for high profits, but more stability)
- Resolve ecological conflicts, rebuild the world order, dominate ecological civilization, and “smart wisdom of love” with symbiotic thought as the soul – create a healthy, simple, noble, dignified and sustainable and happy lifestyle
Fifth, what kind of new concepts, new mechanisms and feasibility are needed for the “United Nations reform” proposed by Gary, Annan, Ban Ki-moon and Guterres?
- Consensus on the three supers (super geopolitics, super sovereignty, super civilization, or super western centralism, super oriental mysticism, super Chinese centralism) oriented to solving “global problems”- basis on earth, symbiosis for use
- The United Nations needs to promulgate another epoch-making historical document after the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” in 1948 – “Global Declaration of Symbiosism
- Expand the functions and responsibilities of the “UN Trusteeship Council”, raise the level of the “Human Rights Council”, and merge and rename it as “UN Global Symbiosism Council”
It should be especially pointed out that the members of the Global Symbiosism Council (GSC) are no longer just sovereign states (1648), rather will be composed of: a, sovereign states or regional government organizations; b, important international NGO organizations; c, large multinational companies ; D. World-class JP; e. Representatives based on regional and population ratios., etc.. from from five categories and the “Global Symbiosism Foundation” is established in accordance with the dual principles of proportionality and voluntary to support The Global Symbiosism Council (UN GSC) working smoothly!
2020’UN75 OGSF proposal:
With the support and promotion of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, a drafting committee for the Global Symbiosism Convention (GSC) will be established in neutral countries such as Canada, Switzerland, and New Zealand.
Scale: 2020’UN75 OGSF starts from the end of May to mid-September, held once a month, a total of 5 sessions, 500 people each, gathered scholars, politicians, business leaders, international celebrities, NGOs, post-80, 90, 00 young people participate in the discussion. The forms of participation are papers, videos, and online real-time speeches. The last one is the 2020’summary, and strive to be held offline.
Therefore, we specifically apply to the United Nations to propose to host the 2020 ‘UN Global Symbiosism Online Forum, to select the members of the drafting committee of the Global Symbiosism Convention for global solicitation, and organize the drafting of the draft convention as soon as possible. The drafting of the convention will be carried out in accordance with the standards of the United Nations international conventions.
The organization costs of the above UN75 OGSF and GSC drafting committees are to be jointly borne by the relevant public welfare institutions which to be organized under the leadership by the Global Symbiosism Research Institute (IGS).
If possible, Qian Hong, president of the Global Symbiosism Research Institute hopes to have an opportunity to meet you and consult you.
With high respect!
the Global Symbiosism Research Institute
April 2, 2020
Telephone: +86 13701313199；+1（236）558 6728
About IGS and an overview of major achievements as well as previous held IGS “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF)
The Global Symbiosism Institute is a non-profit, non-partisan think tank institution that is independent of government and corporate organizations. The people who initiated and participated in the work of IGS come from China and all over the world with interdisciplinary, cross-field, and cross-regional talents. It has been conceived in Shanghai since January 2008 and was registered in Hong Kong in 2010 (36863036-003-06-19-1), the official name is “Institute for Global Symbiosism (IGS)”.
Mission: Take the earth as the basis and use the earth in symbiosism way.
Focus: The growth of Chinese society self-organization, the philosophical thinking of the reform of the United Nations and the reconstruction of the new world order, and the establishment of a system of symbiotic society with zero marginal cost, promote the formation of a “global symbiotic consensus” in the international community and after the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights another epoch-making historical document – “Global Symbiosism Declaration”.
Advocate: Use the “symbiotic right thinking” and “value agreement” of “live and let live” to promote a life style, that will benefit everyone, of healthy, simple, noble, wealthy, dignified and sustainable happy living.
Pray: All human beings show their magical powers, and everyone beautifies their own beauty, beautifies others beauty, beautifies all beauty together, and grow together, to surpass rights and wisdom, liberalism, equalitarianism, nationalism, and harmony-ism, going to global symbiosis and achieve perpetual peace.
Overview of the major achievements of the Global Symbiosism Institute (IGS)
In response to the reality of the “stagflation of the world economy” in the 1970s and the “global Symbiosism crisis” in the 21st century, IGS proposed a main correspondence to rebuild the “political ethics”, “economic ethics” and “social ethics” on the basis of the “zero marginal cost symbiotic society with complete communication, self-sufficiency of resources, and full logistics coverage”. The action plan addresses global issues facing China and various regions of the world from ideology, theory, system and new lifestyle.
IGS adheres to the sixteen-character principle of “global vision, ecological feelings, being kind to others, practicing Symbiosism”, overcoming pure economics (commodity) thinking, and resolving conflicts between sovereign countries, social stratums, urban and rural, and ideologies, civilizations and cultures, promoting East Asia unity, supporting global governance and United Nations reform, rebuilding the world order, submitting periodic reports on the current situation in China and the world society, exceeding beyond the three limits of growth, confrontation, and bad governance. The focus is to discuss the prospects of ecological civilization leading economic, political, cultural, and social construction and the destiny of world society, and seek the healthy development of the three relationships between human and human, human and nature, and individual human self (body, mind, and soul), the consequential transition from the traditional power-dominating nature to the contemporary mutual-beneficial and general-beneficial symbiotic nature opens up a possible new world for “humanity’s future lifestyle choice”
IGS “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF) held in succession
- On July 14, 2012, the first “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF) was held in Beijing. The forum was co-sponsored by the School of Politics and International Relations of Tsinghua University and the Global Symbiosism Institute. The theme of the forum is “follow the trend, practice Symbiosism”. The forum organizing committee received more than 40 papers and research reports. Nearly 100 “symbiotic scholars” from China, Taiwan, Canada, Japan and Singapore gathered at Tsinghua University to discuss global Symbiosism trends and exchange research results and vivid practices of Symbiosism ideas in contemporary China. It is China and the world’s first small-scale high-end academic forum on “Symbiosism”. The first forum focused on the exchange of symbiotic theories and formed the “Symbiosism Declaration-Chinese Philosophy in the Context of Global Ecology”.
- On July 6, 2013, the second “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF) was held in Beijing. The forum was jointly organized by the School of Political Science and International Relations of Tsinghua University and the Global Symbiosism Institute. The theme of the forum is “Beautiful China, Five in One, Ecology as Lead and Symbiosism as Soul”. Nearly 100 “symbiotic scholars” from all over the country and overseas gathered at the Xijiao Hotel. This forum focused on the construction of practical operating systems for symbiosism – the agenda involves personal life self-organization, urban-rural Symbiosism, agricultural and industrial Symbiosism, local government performance evaluation system update, Symbiosism city (tour station) construction, social ecological Symbiosism, Symbiosism rules of power, blue health cloud platform, environmental protection enzymes, electricity connections on human body channels and collaterals, technology innovation, county economic Symbiosism design, Symbiosism economics, how to clean up the “Augusius bull circle” in ideology, international relations, interpersonal relations, relationship between things and ourselves, architectural environment design, art form creation, education and training, enterprise management, etc.
- On November 15 to 16, 2014, the third “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF) was held in Chiayi City under Alishan Mountain. The forum is co-sponsored by the Global Symbiosism Research Institute and Taiwan National Chung Cheng University. The theme of the forum is “One View on Three, Symbiosism Coexistence”. After full discussion, this forum formed the “Alishan Consensus (Discussion Draft)” and “A Proposal to Call for Cross-Straits to Start the Consultation on the Return of the Soldiers’ Souls in the Battle of Kinmen” as a direct result of the forum! When the artificial civilization materializes the world and encounters the three limits of growth, confrontation, and manipulation of bad policy, it is difficult to continue. What kind of historical view should we use to look at history? Symbiotic scholars proposed that through the symbolic transformation of “Symbiosism”, combining the two thinking modes of logos and holog, as well as the interaction between competition and competing for living (combination), to emphasize the new concept of contemporary human history -symbiotic history that adapts to the Internet era and the relationship between ecology and quantum science.
- On December 18-19, 2015, the 4th “Global Symbiosism Forum” (GSF) was opened in the Xiangshan University Hall in Beijing. Hundreds of symbiotic researchers, famous scholars, well-known experts and young and middle-aged natural sciences and social science workers from all over the world and domestic, around the theme of “Different ways, Best integrations”, the value foundation of global Symbiosism, the new Symbiosism of innovation and entrepreneurship, exploring the symbiotic dividend from the “One Belt and One Road” and how power evolution tends to Symbiosism started interactive discussions in all fields of nature, politics, economy, culture, society and human organization. The background of this forum is that Xi Jinping delivered the Chinese voice at the World Peace Conference in July 2012: We seek to live well, and we must also seek others to live well. The “strategy” mentioned here is that rich with symbiotic wisdom; while being able to achieve “different ways, best integrations”, what we are seeking is to use “symbiotic wisdom” to handle and deal with the world. At the same time, the organizer also announced the results of the previous “Global Justice of the Symbiograce” selection campaign through social WeChat, Weibo and Chinese Civilization Online.
- On June 26, 2017, the Institute of Global Symbiosism and the Institute of International Relations of Tsinghua University jointly organized the “Sino-US Relations and Global Governance Forum under the Perspective of Global Symbiosism” in Benxi Hall, 7th Floor, Liaoning Building, Beijing. More than 80 faculties and students from universities in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangdong, Sichuan, Shandong, Liaoning, Fujian, Macau, Hunan, Anhui, Yunnan, and Heilongjiang and foreigners from the United States, Sweden, and Belgium attended the forum. Participants believed that in the history of China ’s international relations, if 1949-1978 were the 30 years of Mao Zedong ’s “one-sided” experiment on the planned economy of the former Soviet Union, then 1979-2009 was actually the chief designer of reform and opening up Deng Xiaoping established China’s accession to the world economic system led by the United States for thirty years. In the first 30 years of international relations (especially received 156 industrial aids from the Soviet Union), China completed the basic industrial layout, the highest achievement was “two bombs and one star”, and the next 30 years of international relations (particularly low threshold accession to the WTO and access to 15 years of protection) China has completed basic urbanization, and its highest achievement is “the world’s second largest GDP and world’s first foreign exchange reserve”. In the first sixty years, China has an example of learning (copying) or “selective learning (copying)” in international relations. And in the following, for example, if we still take thirty years, entering the new era of ecological civilization, China is faced with both careful handling of Sino-US relations and active and proper participation in global governance. Therefore, we must have a completely new perspective to deal with international and domestic relations. It can even be said that contemporary Chinese are destined to create their own paradigms, rather than continue to be at the center of ready-made paradigms (including Western centralism, centralism based on the theory that ancient China had everything, and Eastern Mysticism) to find a place to stay and live, and contribute to the future choice of human lifestyle.
- The origin of “Chinese Farmers’ Harvest Festival”. In 2014 and 2015, the Global Symbiosism Research Institute (IGS), in cooperation with Fujian Agriculture and Forestry University and the Rural Construction Center of China Renmin University, held two consecutive sessions of the “Chinese Spring Farming Festival” with the theme of “Cultivation and Reading Together, Coexistence of Man and Nature” in Peitian Village, Liancheng County, Fujian Province. More than 2,000 people from China and abroad participated. Because the participants emerged a spirit of “cultivators have their own fields, and cultivators should have their own festivals”, they jointly wrote to President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang, hoping that the country would give China’s 800 million farmers a legal holiday of their own. After more than three years of unremitting efforts, finally, during the “two sessions” in 2018, with the help of Yang Yiwen (Mayor of Loudi City), a representative of the National People’s Congress from Hunan, he submitted formal proposal to the National People’s Congress. Finally, the leader of the Ministry of Agriculture reported to the Central Committee and the State Council that the State Council Office held a press conference on the status of the “Chinese Farmers’ Harvest Festival” on June 21, 2018. Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs Han Changfu said that with the approval of the Party Central Committee and the approval of the State Council, starting from 2018, the annual lunar Autumn equinox of each year has been established as the “Chinese Farmers Harvest Festival”.
- Although IGS is a loose and pure folk “think tank”, from January 2013 to March 2020, we have achieved some research results. The National Economic Development Research Center of the State Council alone has adopted 39 papers these years.